Specialized Scientific Council (26.002.25), created by the decision of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine from 05.10.2012 No. 5, considers the thesis for the degree of Doctor of Technical Sciences (PhD) with the security grading for the following specialties:
-05/21/01 "Information Protection" (Technical Sciences)
-01.05.02 "Mathematical Modeling and Computational Methods" (Technical Sciences)
Specialized Scientific Council is the only council in Ukraine, which considers masters and doctoral dissertations with the security grading for the specialties mentioned above.
From 15 members of the Specialized Scientific Council 10are employees of the Institute, and 5 are the staff of other universities or academic institutions.
Since the Specialized Scientific Council of Institute of Special Communications and Information Protection of NTUU "KPI" exists 4 PhD thesis were defended by the Institute employees, 1 – by an employee of State Service of Special Communications Administration and 1 PhD thesis of the Institute’s employee was reclassified, which was defended in 1994 at the Military Academy of Communications in St. Petersburg.
The main objective of the Specialized Scientific Councilis certification of the scientific personnel, who studied in doctoral and post-graduate institutions, other educational and research institutions or prepared theses for the degree of Doctor (PhD thesis) by assigned doctoral candidates.
For the scientific thesis defense the Specialized Scientific Councilmay invite the staff of the Institute of Special Communications and Information Protection of NTUU "KPI" and representatives from other organizations, experts in theses topic with the security grading, which corresponds to the degree of secrecy of information in the thesis.
In case if the doctoral (PhD) dissertation, submitted to the Council, is not prepared in the Institute, the institution or organization where it was written should send to the Head of the Council the following documents:
1. Request from the head of the institution or organization (or from an appropriate state agency if the applicant is a public servant) for acceptance for Specialized Scientific Council consideration.
2. Application form from the applicant to the Head of the Specialized Scientific Council with the request about thesis consideration with indication if it is the first time when this thesis is defended.
3. Two copies of the first page of the passport of the applicant sealed by the institutions or organizations where the thesis was prepared.
4. Two notarized copies of diploma about higher education. In case the name of applicant was changed – two notarized copies of document about name change should be added.
5. Personal registration form with current information for the Specialized Scientific Council, certified by personnel department and the official stamp of the institution or organization where the thesis was prepared, with the photograph, certified by the official stamp (2 copies.).
6. Certificate about qualifying examinations for the Candidate degree the form approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine from 01.03.1999 № 309 "About confirmation of the Instruction for training of scientific and pedagogical staff" certified by the signature and official stamp of the institution or organization in the form valid at the time of the candidate exam (1 copy.).
7. Certified copies (or extracts) of the order of admission to postgraduate course for the applicant (for those who have studied at the postgraduate course) (1 copy).
8. Final statement from the institution or organization about thesis (1 copy.). The final statement is completed as an extract from the protocol of relevant organizational unit (department, interdepartmental workshop, laboratory), where the applicant was working on his thesis, signed by the head of the department, approved and sealed by the head of the institution or organization. In the final statement alongside with other aspects of the thesis and the individual characteristics of the applicant it should be indicated who and when confirmed the theme of the thesis, personal contribution of the applicant to all scientific papers published with co-authors.
9. Comments of the applicant’s supervisor certified and sealed by the official stamp of the institution or organization where the research adviser or applicant work (1 copy.).
10. Tree copies of not sewn thesis completed in accordance with all requirements. All copies of the dissertation should be signed by its author on the title page of the thesis. The first copy of the expert committee report of the organization or foundation about determining the label of the thesis secrecy should be attached to the end of the first copy of the thesis.
11. Two copies of the abstract of the thesis draft completed in accordance with all requirements. The abstract of the thesis should be signed on its cover by the author.
12. The second copy of the expert committee report of the institutions or organizations where the thesis was prepared by the applicant on defining the label of the thesis secrecy.
13. Written permissions for using in the thesis of information with the label of secrecy "strictly confidential" and "confidential", as well as the degree of access restriction "for official use only", signed by the heads of organizations, which hold this information (one copy each).
14. Outlined in the abstract of thesis, monographs, booklets, copyright certificates (copies), articles (prints or copies), escrows and annotated texts in the journals of scientific papers manuscripts, theses (copy), if unclassified (1 copy). For classified works in the list, contained in the abstract of thesis it is necessary to specify the inventory numbers.
15. Four postcards with stamps.
16. Photocopy of the applicant’s scientific PhD diploma (2 copies) sealed by the institution or organization where the thesis was written - for the applicant of the degree of Doctor of Science.
17. Abstract of a scientific PhD thesis defended by the applicant - for the applicants for Doctor's degree.
18. Copy of defended PhD thesis - for applicants for Doctor's degree.