Provides training in the field of information security and is a graduating one.
Area of knowledge: 1701 "Information Security"
Direction for bachelors: 6.170103 "Information Security Management"
Training for master’s degree: It is planned to be licensed in 2016.
Qualifications: Specialist of Information Security
Cadets get deep knowledge in:
- mathematics (particularly in the fields of mathematical statistics, operations research theory, probability theory, statistical decision theory, queuing theory);
- control theory;
- issues concerning national security;
- state secrets protection features;
- design procedures of information security risks;
- use of hardware and software and technical means of information protection.
Graduates get skills in:
- development of regulations that define features of protection of State information;
- information security of separate objects on the basis of both national legislation and using the best international practices;
- operation of electronic documents;
- advanced Information and Telecommunications Systems (installation, administration, maintenance);
- use of Internet search.
Graduates may hold primary positions of:
- diplomatic courier;
- a specialist in organization of information security;
- specialist in protection of classified information;
- expert in secrecy;
- inspector of the secrecy of the information.
The department carries out training postgraduates in such areas:
- theoretical research into the construction of systems for information security management;
- information security systems modeling.